• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Making a complaint

If you have a complaint about the treatment or care you have received, there are a number of sources of help and advice.

Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) is a free service which can help you make a complaint about NHS services. An experienced advocate can support you. In Hull, this service is provided by Cloverleaf Advocacy who can be contacted on 0300 012 0421 or email helpwithnhscomplaintshull@cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk.

Their postal address is Hull NHS Complaints Advocacy Service, Cloverleaf Advocacy, 1b Hesslewood Hall Ferriby Road, Hessle, HU13 0LH. Alternatively, simply complete our NHS Complaints Form.

For comments, complaints or praise about NHS services, the Complaints Page on the NHS Choices website gives details of your rights and how to make a complaint. You should first complain to your service provider such as GP, dentist, hospital, pharmacist, ambulance or other specialist service. You can get help from the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) of the relevant NHS Trust - further details are on their websites.

Alternatively, you can complain to the commissioner of that service. NHS England commissions most primary care services like GPs, dentists and pharmacists - contact NHS England at england.contactus@nhs.net. Your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) commissions secondary care such as hospital care and some community services. Contact the Patient Relations Service at NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group.

You can also leave feedback via the Patient Opinion website which is all about enabling patients to share their experiences of health care, and by doing so helping to improve local services and in turn other patients. On this site you can also read about other people’s experiences of local services.

For comments, complaints or praise about adults and children’s social care services in the Hull, contact the complaints manager at Hull City Council.  

If you would like a step-by-step guide to making a complaint about your NHS care or social care or details of who to contact, please download the booklets below, or get in touch by calling 01482 499030 or email us.




Healthwatch Hull News - Issue 2

Healthwatch Hull News - 1

Key contacts

Kingston upon Hull
Goodwin Community College
Anlaby Road

Signposting and Office: 01482 499038
Email: admin@nbforum.org.uk